Home » » Photorealistic Pastel Drawings On Boards Of Wood

Photorealistic Pastel Drawings On Boards Of Wood

Written By Admin on Saturday, May 31, 2014 | Saturday, May 31, 2014

Ivan Hoo is a young artist from Singapore who paints photorealistic images. What makes him different from other artists is his preferred canvas: wooden boards. Using pencils and pastels, he has illustrated drawings of spilled coffee, crumpled paper, cling wrapping, and broken eggs, all seemingly on top of the wooden board itself.

'By working on wood, it gives me a lot of dimension and ideas to create something close to reality and it works really well with pastels, too,’ Hoo says. ‘I started to experiment on wood some years back with mainly portraits as my subject before going further with a different concept’.

He also adds: ‘I started to think of ideas and draw things that we could see ‘happening’ on a piece of wood, so the very first idea that struck me was the dripping effect. That was my first anamorphic work. I got a good response when i posted on my Instagram [@ivanhooart], and this gave me the confidence and motivation to continue with this concept’.

Via Design Taxi


 Via ( Bored Panda )





 Via ( Bored Panda )


Via ( Bored Panda )


If you want to read more visit boredpanda.org on the link below:



0 comments:

Post a Comment